The Humacao Natural Reserve is located on the East Coast of Puerto Rico mid-way on the island near the community of Palmas del Mar. Behind the small unassuming entrance awaits big adventure exploring the lagoons, swamps, and wetlands.Continue reading “Humacao Natural Reserve | Hiking, Biking, Kayaking, Fishing Activities in Puerto Rico”
Opened in April 2016, VIVO Beach Club is a beach front property in area of Isla Verde, Carolina, Puerto Rico with pristine white sand beaches, private pool, world class entertainment, and a variety of dining options.
Located on the outskirts of San Juan, this white sand beach is close to the heart of the city while feeling like you are away from it all! Located mere minutes from the San Juan airport in Isla Verde, guests can enjoy perfect Caribbean water immediately upon arrival to the island. VIVO Is fast becoming a popular destination for locals and visitors.Continue reading “VIVO Beach Club, Isla Verde, Carolina, Puerto Rico | Beach, Beer, Brunch, and Reggae”
Cayo Icacos is a small, uninhabited island approximately 1 mile wide and over 1 mile long located 3 miles off the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. There are no restaurants, no shopping centers or vendors, no electricity, and no facilities of any kind. The little island is just lush green foliage and perfect white sand beaches.
Day Sail to the Pristine White Sand Beaches of Cayo Icacos
The best option to visit this tropical paradise is by boat. There is a water taxi service that departs just north of the El Conquistador resort in Las Croabas neighborhood of Fajardo, providing drop off and pick up service to Icacos as the least expensive option. A slightly more expensive option is the powered Catamaran sailboats that provide transportation, snorkel gear, shade, food & drinks, and (darn important) onboard bathrooms.
For us, the decision was easy – comfort and leisure on a Catamaran!Continue reading “Sail Away to Cayo Icacos, Puerto Rico”
Sedona, Arizona attracts nature lovers, geology enthusiasts, adventure seekers, foodies, art lovers, mystics, and curious travelers from around the world. Located in the center of Arizona, Sedona is 100 miles North of Phoenix and a popular road trip for Valley residents. Usually a 2 hour drive between Phoenix and Sedona, allow extra time for holidays and weekend travel.
The iconic mountains of Sedona are formed from layers of sandstone in various shades of bright, bold red. Many people believe that the red rocks of Sedona are an Energy Vortex of healing properties. These power centers are a huge draw for New Age Enthusiasts. There is much debate and discussion around the magical properties of the area, but most visitors will agree that the red rocks are stunning!Continue reading “Sedona Arizona Travel Guide – Reviews and Recommendations”
- Connect with family – Visit where your parents were born and raised. Learn how they grew up, listen to childhood stories, and get to know the experiences that shaped your parents lives. Look at the photos from their childhood and visit those locations to see how they have changed. Ask questions about achievements, struggles, silly stories, and the mundane daily tasks. Find the storyteller in your family, and just listen.
- Research your ancestors and stroll through your homeland, as far back as you can discover. Learn your history and culture. Try the food. What is the national activity or sport? What traditions have carried over into your family? Watch for all of the faces that look like you. Find gravestones and landmarks with your family names (maternal and past generations). Walk through the living history of your ancestors past.
- Seek out Adventure! Try something that gets your heart pounding. Adventure can be found in your backyard, just start somewhere.
- Push beyond your comfort zone – Travel alone, visit a big city, stretch your physical limits, go beyond your usual activities. Now is the time to try something new, that scares you, just a little.
- Visit Poverty and a place of hardship – Volunteer and contribute to improve an impoverished area or situation. Provide assistance after a natural disaster. Helping others and seeing how little some people live with will remind you how much you really have, and leave a better appreciation of how good your life is. Make the world a better place, by starting in your hometown and make this part of your life style.
- Take a mini Luxury Vacation – Save up for an opulent getaway and indulge in a wildly extravagant trip. This will teach you the value of saving, waiting, and anticipation. Reward your discipline and discover the abundance available in exchange for hard work. Find the activity and location that will motivate you to set higher goals for achievement. Learn what your definition of “Success” looks like.
- Find your Peace – Where is your Happy Place? Different for everybody, and never marked with an X on the map, your place of peace is the journey of discovering who you are. And for that precious moment, you will know, it is exactly where you are meant to be at the exact moment. Once you find it, finding your peace is easier each time.