Getting noted for your work and being nominated for an award is a wonderful feeling. It means that I am on the right track and other people really do appreciate my hard work! Darling Tanvi from That Girl’s Life Stories nominated JenThereDoneThat for the Liebster award !
What is the Liebster Award?
“Liebster” is a German word meaning beloved or dearest. In the blogging world, the Liebster Award is online recognition given by bloggers to other new bloggers for enjoying or valuing their work. It is meant to highlight and credit favorite new up and coming blogs within our writing community.
Once nominated, a blogger is asked to answer 11 questions provided by the nominating blogger. They are then expected to nominate 11 other favorite new bloggers and come up with a list of 11 new questions for those nominees. This keeps the love going!
What are the rules for the Liebster Award?
Once you accept a nomination, you are expected to complete the following steps:
– Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you
– Create a post on your blog, displaying the Liebster Award logo
– Answer the 11 questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you
– Provide rules/instructions for accepting the award
– Nominate 11 new favorite bloggers for the Liebster Award
– Come up with a list of 11 new questions for your nominees
– Notify the nominees
– Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominator’s Liebster Award Post
- What is your one positive & one negative quality?
I am an aggressive go-getter, and I am aggressive (which can scare people).
- Why did you start blogging?
I have been journaling (this thing where you write down thoughts and ideas with pen and paper) since I was a young girl. Journaling was a way for me to record important events in my life and lists. I write a ton of lists of stuff to do!
Now I blog to share those important and exciting events, share a bit of wisdom, and to tell my story.
- Do you live to eat or eat to live?
Depends on the day! I love food, and am often described as a foodie! Some days eating is such a hassle, while most days eating is almost an event!
- Which is the best book you ever read?
No fair – this is like asking a parent who is their favorite child! I am a book addict. My favorite series of Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, the most life changing book is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, and I have a stack of 7 books waiting on my night stand.
- What’s the best food you have had abroad?
I am from North America, where I consider Mexican food local cuisine. When I hear abroad I think of England, and I love the Indian curries on Brick Lane!
- What do you like/dislike about other people?
I appreciate loyalty and respect from my friends. I really dislike ignorant and inconsiderate people.
- Who do you share your secrets with?
I have a small, close groups of friends that I can say anything to. They are the keepers of my deepest, darkest, secrets.
- What is your best pass-time?
Reading a great book or story curled up near a window, or better yet, sitting under the shade outside surrounded by a beautiful view.
- What 3 words describe you best?
Adventurous, Industrious, and Confident!
- What do you think of my blog and how do you think I can improve it?
I love the voice of your blog! I feel like you are sharing your stories with me over tea, just talking without distractions. Your photos have room for improvement, look at composition and point of view from photographs that you love to inspire you. Instagram is a great way to measure if people are connecting with your pictures.
- How do you handle situations when travel itineraries don’t go as planned?
I just roll with it. I try not to over plan travel. I do my research for language, customs, money, and top activities, with specific goals for the trip. Then I make very few reservations (like accommodations and really hard to get reservations), then the remainder of the trip is impromptu.
My Nominations (also known as a few great blogs that I stalk on FB and Instagram):
- Are you an Introvert or Extrovert?
- How has that (answer to #1) changed the way that you travel?
- What is a favorite, unique travel experience? Did you plan it, or did it just happen?
- What qualities make a good travel buddy for you?
- What are few of your travel tips to save money?
- Do you over or under pack for trips?
- How much of your time is spent on writing new posts, versus promotion on social media?
- What is your favorite Social Media and why?
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
- If you could spend 6 months on the open ocean or spend 6 months in Antarctica, which would you choose and why?
- What do you think of my blog and do you have any suggestions for improvement?