Celebrity Theatre is a great 1960’s design concert venue located in Phoenix, Arizona. This circular venue includes a rotating stage to ensure that everyone has a great view of the stage, no matter where your seats are located!Continue reading “Celebrity Theatre Phoenix | Concert Venue with Charm”
Talking Stick Resort has come a long way since opening . It was a rough start, but after completing multiple expansion projects, Talking Stick Resort has finally figured out how to run events and offer a great experience for entertainment in Scottsdale, Arizona.Continue reading “Talking Stick Resort | Reviews and Amenities in Scottsdale, Arizona”
There is so much beauty in the desert. Some of it is hidden away, just out of sight. The Desert Botanical Garden is one of those hidden gems. Located in the very heart of metro Phoenix. This tranquil garden showcasing the desert beauty. In addition to daily tours (recommended for October through May), there are evening events for enjoyment year round.Continue reading “Desert Botanical Garden | Flowering Jewel located in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona”
Last night I attended the Taste Chandler’s Culinary Festival in Downtown Chandler. Single ticket was $35 and Couples admission was $50. All tickets included 12 drink tickets, redeemable for 12 drinks! Chandler was smart to offer free bottles of water. You can eat and drink for 5 hours, which was a great value for the price. We visited both lounges and went back to the Vintage 95 Wine Lounge a few times sampling the different wines. 12 tickets went a long way with the generous pours in the lounge! Chandler did a good job organizing the event, with hand wash stations, plenty of rubbish bins, and music.
This is a great opportunity for restaurants to showcase their food. Some of them achieved this goal, while others saved me time and money to ever visit their establishment. This is a tasting event, about a tenth the size of Taste of Chicago, but a similar concept. Each vendor brings small plate portion or a small single serving. This allows you to sample a little bit from everyone.
Places now added to my “skip it” list:
- Dos Gringos Mexigrill steak tacos tasted like low-quality dog food. If I step foot into a Dos Gringos it will be to order a drink, maybe.
- Irish Republic offered Jamison meatballs that went straight into the garbage after one bite. I fear a second bite would have ended my night right then and there.
If you are going to do one thing, then do it well:
- Coach & Willie’s lobster bisque was delicious. We were actually in line for another vendor, when the woman beside me and asked if we had tried the soup. Then she insisted that we immediately get our soup before they run out. It was a little salty on the finish, but tasty and flavorful.
- Grimald’s Brick Oven Pizzeria mixed it up with perfectly flaky cannolis.
- Latitude 8 Thai Grill quenched our thirst with a refreshing vanilla vodka thai tea, mixed right in front of us.
- Le Cordon Bleu is a culinary school that I always look forward to. They served a choice of pasta, salmon with rice, or filet mignon with seasoned mashed potatoes. It was one of our first plates to taste, and I am glad we arrived before they ran out of filet.
- Yoli’s cafe served chicken tacos with sweet cabbage slaw. I had never heard of this little gem, but I plan visit them soon. She accommodated my special request, and gave me a coupon.
- Pearl Sushi Lounge served sweet chili edamame, salmon poke with avocado “tacos”, and a crunch roll. The greeter was informative, provided coupons, answered questions, and gave a complete description of everything we sampled. I will definitely use the coupon, and plan to wear pearls for the Girls and Pearls Thursday night happy hour special!
- Bourbon Jacks Bar and Grill started with a pretty good pulled pork sandwich, then finished with a fantastic black bottom pecan pie. The pecan pie was so good that I ate 2 servings!
- Udder Delights is the ice cream store for my favorite little local dairy, Superstition Farms. The pumpkin ice cream was fantastic and served with an even better pumpkin ricotta custard. The pairing was pumpkin heaven! Even people that said they really do not like pumpkin agreed it was tasty good.
- Shimogamo is one of my favorite sushi restaurants in town. Since they were
preparing and serving food in an outdoor festival, they were did a great job with the delicious salmon and white fish sushi with crunch rolls. They brought a portable refrigerated case, hand-made everything right there by their best sushi chef, and customized each plate with preferences. It was by far the
BEST dish served at the festival, and it is not nearly as good as what they serve in the restaurant. Seriously, they are that good!
The temperature is starting to cool off and people around metro-Phoenix can finally venture outside with less fear of catching fire, or at least it feels that hot all summer long here. Today a friend and I took my dogs out for a walk along Tempe Town Lake, the man-made lake in the middle of bustling University town Tempe.The park around the Lake is home to many festivals and concerts, so be sure to check out upcoming events here.
I prefer to plan my own event at the Lake. Bring a picnic basket for a fun family activity during the day, or romantic get-a-way in the evening. There are plenty of bike paths, walkways, shade trees, and benches. The dogs love to walk around the lake with me. There are mountain views to the north of the lake and the park is well kept and clean.
The main attraction is the lake, and there are quite a few activities to enjoy on the water. Today we watched people sailing, kayaking, fishing, and on paddle boards. There is a boat rental office on the south side of the lake for small boats, hydro bikes, and kayaks.Lake or land, the sunset is worth hanging around to watch.